The 5th Wave – Rick YanceyR95.00 Add to basket
Her Mother’s Hope by Francine RiversR165.00 Add to basket
The Norton Anthology of Poetry Sixth Edition – Margaret Ferguson Tim Kendall Mary Jo SalterR1,300.00 Add to basket
A Contemporary Compilation of The Atonement Child and The Last Sin Eater by Francine RiversR375.00 Add to basket
The Last Star – Rick YanceyAdd to basket
Her Daughter’s Dream by Francine RiversR145.00 Add to basket
Politics Fifth Edition – Andrew Heywood
The fifth edition of this seminal textbook by best-selling author Andrew Heywood continues to lead the way in providing a comprehensive and authoritative introduction to politics. Renowned for its engaging and accessible style, this book helps students to understand the discipline’s foundational concepts and theories and use these to make sense of its key subfields, from elections and voting to security and global governance. Systematically revised and updated throughout, it also uses a range of tried-and-tested pedagogical features to draw links between different standpoints and help make contemporary institutions, events and developments come to life.
Drawing on a wide range of international examples, this text is the ideal choice for lecturers around the world. Carefully designed and written to map onto the way the subject is introduced at degree level, it remains the go-to text for undergraduate introductory and comparative politics courses. Furthermore, it can also be used as pre-course reading or as a point of reference throughout politics degrees, majors or minors.
New to this Edition:
– Restructured and revised to reflect the decline of democracy and the rise of populism and authoritarianism in different parts of the world
– New Politics in Action features reflect the latest political developments – including ‘Trump’s triumph: politics as polarization’; ‘South Africa: a one-party state?’; and ‘North Korea: a rogue nuclear power?’
– Discusses the transformation of the media landscape, assessing the advent and impact of social media and ‘fake news’
– New and improved text design reflecting the book’s contemporary and engaging coverage
– Accompanied by a brand new website, featuring a flashcard glossary, additional cases, interactive simulations and weblinks for students, PowerPoint slides for lecturers, a testbank and a guide to using the book.