Returns & Refund Policy
Overview on Refunds
Bakgat Books upholds a buyer’s right to return any items to a vendor from which they have purchased if the item received significantly differs from the photo or the item description when listed.
Conditions for returning an item:
- Within 24 hours after receiving the item, the Buyer must inform the vendor advising they are requesting to return the items. This can either be done through:
- a direct method (call or email) if the details are available/received by the buyer through contact by the vendor.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or log an issue using the link in the final email sent from TradeSafe by clicking the link “submit issue”
- The Buyer has not clicked on the “Item received“ link in the final TradeSafe email which completes the order, but instead has logged an issue using the second link “submit issue” link
- Payment for the purchase was done through the Bakgat Books website which incorporates the TradeSafe portal.
- Your item must be in the same condition that you received it.
- All TradeSafe fees incurred will not be refunded ie. A percentage of the transaction value (based on payment method as indicated below) plus R5.00 (excl VAT)
- Example: Transaction value = R100. TradeSafe Fee if paid via VISA/MasterCard: R9.20 (incl VAT). Total Paid: R109.20. This fee would have been presented as a separate amount on check out. Refund amount R100.00
- The refund will only be released once the vendor has received the items.
- If an item gets returned, both parties must cover one of the shipping costs – the Vendor pays for initial shipping to the Buyer and the Buyer pays for the return shipping to the Vendor.
- “No Returns/No Refunds” or “Return not possible” in the store descriptions has no basis, as it violates Bakgat Books Terms & Conditions. Therefore, the buyer always has the right to return the item to the Vendor under the conditions mentioned above.
How returning process works:
- The Buyer informs the Vendor about the wish to return the item and the reason for it. This is done through either method stated above.
- The Vendor shares the return details with the Buyer. Unless an alternative agreement is made, the item should be returned via the same delivery method ie. PUDO (pick up point issued by the vendor to the buyer).
- After the Buyer and the Vendor have agreed upon returning the item and the Vendor has shared all the necessary details, the Buyer must ship the item within 72h, unless agreed upon otherwise, and pays for the return postage.
- The vendor receives the item, they need to send an email to email@example.com with a request for the refund to be processed. The Order number and other significant information are to be included in the request email.
- Bakgat Books will log a refund with TradeSafe.
The Buyer and Vendor may always agree on an alternative solution for returning the item or solving the matter
If the Buyer and the Vendor fail to agree or are unable to get in contact with each other, then both sides may contact Bakgat Books via firstname.lastname@example.org. If necessary, Bakgat Books will make additional inquiries to the Buyer and Vendor to resolve the situation. If one of the parties does not respond to the inquiry within 48h, Bakgat Books may make a decision in the favour of the other party.
Contact us at email@example.com for questions related to refunds and returns.