Terms & Conditions
Please take a moment to read these online shopping terms and conditions (“Online Shopping Terms”) to understand how they apply to your online purchase of any products or services.
If you have any questions regarding our Services, the Online Shopping Terms, products or services, please click here to contact us.
Bakgat Books endeavours to transact ethically and honourably at all times. Disputes must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bakgat Books is not responsible for what is uploaded but will monitor to ensure where possible that content is not offensive, please highlight any material that is deemed offensive to email@example.com. The website Bakgat Books is developed for the trading of books only and other usage is prohibited and will be removed.
You are required to register with us before placing your first order online. Please click on Register to complete the registration form. Registration and/or use of our online shopping services constitutes your acceptance and agreement to be bound by these terms of our Services.
To register you will be required to provide certain personal information including personal and payment card details, as well as an email address and password. Please keep your personal information secure. We accept no liability for any damages suffered or losses incurred from the unauthorised use of your personal information. You will be required to enter your email address and password each time you visit our online shopping site. To amend any of your details, please go to “My Account”.
Product Sales and Availability
All products displayed on our website are subject to availability and will be delivered only within the Republic of South Africa to areas, restricted only by the availability of the chosen courier services. All prices shown on our website are quoted in South African Rands and are valid and effective only in the Republic of South Africa. We reserve the right to discontinue or change the specifications of our products and services from time to time without notice. Bakgat Books cannot guarantee the validity of any reviews and product descriptions on the website and we ask that you advise us of any issues related to book listings and vendors. We do not take responsibility for vendors actions and listings.
We regret that no order will be accepted if we identify a material error in the description of any of our goods or services or their prices on our website.
You will be charged the prices that are reflected on our website subject to availability and delivery address. The prices include Value-Added Tax. Special promotions may be subject to certain conditions, including stock availability and limited offer stipulations. Special promotions apply only to items on your original order (i.e. not on items which are added after the order was placed).
A delivery fee and Payment Gateway(TradeSafe) fee will be charged for each order you place. Please visit Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for more information.
When you place your order, funds equal to the total value of your order (including the courier fee) will be reserved against the card you are paying with during the checkout process.
By submitting your order, identity number and payment card details you warrant that you are authorised to make payment with the payment card and that there are sufficient funds available to pay for the order.
Confirmation of Orders
Your offer is deemed to be accepted when you receive an order confirmation via email.
Deliveries are via the websites chosen courier services.
We have outsourced all delivery and collection arrangements to third party service providers. Accordingly, we cannot, to the extent permitted by law, be liable for any loss or damage caused by them.
Overview on Refunds
Bakgat Books upholds a buyer’s right to return any items to a vendor from which they have purchased if the item received significantly differs from the photo or the item description when listed.
Conditions for returning an item:
- Within 24 hours after receiving the item, the Buyer must inform the vendor advising they are requesting to return the items. This can either be done through:
- a direct method (call or email) if the details are available/received by the buyer through contact by the vendor.
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or log an issue using the link in the final email sent from TradeSafe by clicking the link “submit issue”
- The Buyer has not clicked on the “Item received“ link in the final TradeSafe email which completes the order, but instead has logged an issue using the second link “submit issue” link
- Payment for the purchase was done through the Bakgat Books website which incorporates the TradeSafe portal.
- Your item must be in the same condition that you received it.
- All TradeSafe fees incurred will not be refunded ie. A percentage of the transaction value (based on payment method as indicated below) plus R5.00 (excl VAT)
- Example: Transaction value = R100. TradeSafe Fee if paid via VISA/MasterCard: R9.20 (incl VAT). Total Paid: R109.20. This fee would have been presented as a separate amount on check out. Refund amount R100.00
- The refund will only be released once the vendor has received the items.
- If an item gets returned, both parties must cover one of the shipping costs – the Vendor pays for initial shipping to the Buyer and the Buyer pays for the return shipping to the Vendor.
- “No Returns/No Refunds” or “Return not possible” in the store descriptions has no basis, as it violates Bakgat Books Terms & Conditions. Therefore, the buyer always has the right to return the item to the Vendor under the conditions mentioned above.
How returning process works:
- The Buyer informs the Vendor about the wish to return the item and the reason for it. This is done through either method stated above.
- The Vendor shares the return details with the Buyer. Unless an alternative agreement is made, the item should be returned via the same delivery method ie. PAXI (pick up point issued by the vendor to the buyer).
- After the Buyer and the Vendor have agreed upon returning the item and the Vendor has shared all the necessary details, the Buyer must ship the item within 72h, unless agreed upon otherwise, and pays for the return postage.
- The vendor receives the item, they need to send an email to email@example.com with a request to for the refund to be processed. The Order number and other significant information is to be included in the request email.
- Bakgat Books will log a refund with TradeSafe.
The Buyer and Vendor may always agree on an alternative solution for returning the item or solving the matter
If the Buyer and the Vendor fail to agree or are unable to get in contact with each other, then both sides may contact Bakgat Books via firstname.lastname@example.org. If necessary, Bakgat Books will make additional inquiries to the Buyer and Vendor to resolve the situation. If one of the parties does not respond to the inquiry within 48h, Bakgat Books may make a decision in the favour of the other party.
Contact us at email@example.com for questions related to refunds and returns.